Custom Ork Void Shield Generator
By SMG Hinkel
an SMG Wargaming Article
So after just not wanting to buy an OOP void shield generator, I decided to just build one. So I called up one of my buddies who owned one of these bad boyz and got the dimensions. The bottom is a bastion tower and the void shield is about the same height as one as well. So I will try to break down on how I did this the best I can, but if you have any questions please let me know. I will also have all the links to were I got everything. Enjoy and "Keep Calm and WAAAGH!!!"
FYI - There is a Video at the end also showing what I did.
Thinks you will need:
Battery /USB Plasma Ball -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009CXF4J8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
IMPERIAL BASTION - FIRST FLOOR WALLS -
ORK STOMPA - 19x FACES and ICONS -
Popsicle sticks from any hobby store
The skulls I got from walmart in the halloween section
- Prime white the areas I planned on painting yellow
- Then Spray Army Painters Daemonic Yellow over the white once dry
- Prime black the bastion Tower metal pieces
- Spray Army painter plate metal on the black areas once dry
- Rough cut up and glue Popsicle sticks to the top of the bastion tower as shown in the pics
- Wash the wood areas with Army Painter Strong tone
- Wash Metal and yellow areas with Citadel Seraphim Sepia
- I painted the Plasma ball black area with a Walmart brand - Apple Barrel - 21482 Bimini Blue
- Popsicle sticks around the Plasma ball were done in Citadel Moot Green
- Citadel Troll Slayer Orange was used in random areas
- Apple Barrel - 21482 Bimini Blue was used in random areas.
- 4x AAA Batteries
Here I added Citadel Seraphim Sepia to the metal and yellow areas and Army Painter strong tone wash to the wood areas.
Here I took Popsicle sticks and just broke them around the plasma ball to give a rough look and painted them moot green. I painted the Plasma ball black area with a Walmart brand - Apple Barrel - 21482 Bimini Blue
And here is the finished product minus a few grots and a mek boy I am adding