Sunday, November 30, 2014

DA HINKEL'S HUT: Episode 2 -How to make a Custom Ork Void Shield Generator - A SMG Wargaming Series - Warhammer 40k


Custom Ork Void Shield Generator
By SMG Hinkel
an SMG Wargaming Article




     So after just not wanting to buy an OOP void shield generator, I decided to just build one.  So I called up one of my buddies who owned one of these bad boyz and got the dimensions.  The bottom is a bastion tower and the void shield is about the same height as one as well.  So I will try to break down on how I did this the best I can, but if you have any questions please let me know.  I will also have all the links to were I got everything.  Enjoy and "Keep Calm and WAAAGH!!!"

FYI - There is a Video at the end also showing what I did. 

Thinks you will need:

Battery /USB Plasma Ball -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009CXF4J8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMPERIAL BASTION - FIRST FLOOR WALLS -
http://hoardobits.com/

ORK STOMPA - 19x FACES and ICONS -
http://hoardobits.com/

Popsicle sticks from any hobby store

The skulls I got from walmart in the halloween section

  • Prime white the areas I planned on painting yellow
  • Then Spray Army Painters Daemonic Yellow over the white once dry
  • Prime black the bastion Tower metal pieces
  • Spray Army painter plate metal on the black areas once dry
  • Rough cut up and glue Popsicle sticks to the top of the bastion tower as shown in the pics
  • Wash the wood areas with Army Painter Strong tone
  • Wash Metal and yellow areas with Citadel Seraphim Sepia
  • I painted the Plasma ball black area with a Walmart brand - Apple Barrel - 21482 Bimini Blue
  • Popsicle sticks around the Plasma ball were done in Citadel Moot Green
  • Citadel Troll Slayer Orange was used in random areas
  • Apple Barrel - 21482 Bimini Blue was used in random areas.
  • 4x AAA Batteries














Here I added Citadel Seraphim Sepia to the metal and yellow areas and Army Painter strong tone wash to the wood areas.



 Here I took Popsicle sticks and just broke them around the plasma ball to give a rough look and painted them moot green.  I painted the Plasma ball black area with a Walmart brand - Apple Barrel - 21482 Bimini Blue







 And here is the finished product minus a few grots and a mek boy I am adding






3 comments:

  1. Ha this is great! Well done!

    For future suggestions, (if you make another one), I'd take tubes and try to replicate the tesla type towers of the KFF sticking out of various parts of the model. But just the fact this thing actually works is awesome!

    ReplyDelete